This post contains affiliate links.
Planning a picnic for a crowd can oftentimes be stressful, as you may not know what to serve you guests. However, with these ten simple recipes, your crowd is sure to be pleased.
Ten picnic recipes to please your crowd include baked garlic parmesan puffs, beef and cheese wraps, black bean crunch wraps, chicken caesar pitas, chickpea salad sandwiches, fruit salad, ham and cheddar muffins, pasta salad, peanut noodles, and salmon sushi sandwiches.
Below is a list of the ten best recipes for a picnic, along with how to make each one.
Baked garlic parmesan puffs
Baked garlic parmesan puffs are a great option to bring to your picnic. They are fun, delicious, and everyone is bound to enjoy them.
The ingredients for baked garlic parmesan puffs:
- Olive oil- one tablespoon
- Grated parmesan- two tablespoons
- Minced garlic- one teaspoon
- Italian herb blend- one teaspoon
- Fresh parsley- one teaspoon (finely chopped)
- Salt- one fourth of a teaspoon
- Fresh cracked pepper- one fourth of a teaspoon
- Puff pastry sheets- one or two sheets
The steps for making garlic parmesan puffs:
The first step for making garlic parmesan puffs is heating the oven to four hundred degrees Fahrenheit. After this, place parchment paper upon a baking sheet.
The second step to make these delicious puffs is whisking together, in a small bowl, the olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, Italian herb blend, fresh parsley, salt, and fresh cracked pepper.
The third step is to roll out the puff pastry sheets. Brush the previous mixture upon the puff pastry sheets, saving some extra for the next step. After this, roll the sheets. After they have been rolled, cut them into one or two-inch thick rolls.
The fourth step is to brush the remaining mixture onto the outside of the rolls. Place these rolls onto the baking sheet with the parchment paper. Place them into the oven for about eight minutes, or until they are a light, golden brown color. Once they are cooked and puffed, they are ready to be served at your picnic!
Beef and cheese wraps
Beef and cheese wraps are simple and easy to make. This makes them great for picnics as they require little preparation. In addition, your guests are sure to love them.
The ingredients for beef and cheese wraps:
- Ground beef- one pound (eighty five percent lean)
- Ground black pepper- one eighth of a teaspoon
- Green bell pepper- one medium (chopped)
- Onion- one half of a cup (chopped)
- Four cheese pasta sauce- one and a half cups
- Flour tortillas- four (ten inches, warmed)
- Mozzarella string cheese- four pieces (one ounce each)
The steps for making beef and cheese wraps:
The first step for making beef and cheese wraps is heating the oven to three hundred fifty degrees Fahrenheit. Place the ground beef into a large pan, and flavor the ground beef with the ground black pepper, green bell pepper, and chopped onion. Cook the ground beef for about seven minutes over a medium heat, or until it is fully cooked. After it is fully cooked, rinse the ground beef.
The second step is stirring in the four cheese pasta sauce. Allow it to come to a simmer. Put three fourths of a cup of this mixture onto each of the tortillas. Place a string cheese atop the mixture and then fold the tortilla and the contents into a burrito.
The third step is to place these burritos onto a baking sheet, baking them for about ten minutes. Once they are golden brown, they are ready to be eaten.
Black bean crunch wraps
Black bean crunch wraps are sure to please at your next picnic. They provide lots of flavor and are easy to make.
The ingredients for black bean crunch wraps:
- Oil- two tablespoons
- Red onion- one (finely chopped)
- Smoked chili paste- two tablespoons
- Black beans- four hundred gram can
- Jarred roasted red peppers- two (drained and sliced)
- Flour tortillas- four (large)
- Monterey jack cheese- one hundred eighty grams (grated)
- Salted tortilla chips- twelve
- Plum tomatoes- two (diced)
- Coriander- one half of small bunch (chopped)
- Avocado- one (thinly sliced)
The steps for making black bean crunch wraps:
The first step to make black bean crunch wraps is to place half of the oil in a large frying pan and heat it up. Once it is heated, add three fourths of the red onion. Cook the red onion until it has been softened and then stir in the smoked chili paste. Cook this all together for one minute.
The second step is adding the black beans and jarred roasted red peppers. Cook this mixture and continue to stir it until everything is fully cooked. To know when it is fully cooked, look for the beans starting to break down.
The third step for the crunch wraps is dividing the mixture between four flour tortillas. Place the mixture in the middle of each of the tortillas, add cheese, and three tortilla chips. Mix the plum tomatoes the remaining red onions, and the coriander. Divide this into four servings and place it upon each of the four tortillas. Divide the avocado into four servings as well and place it upon each of the four tortillas.
The fourth step is folding each of the four tortillas into the correct shape. Press the edges down lightly to hold the correct shape.
The fifth step for the black bean crunch wraps is brushing a pan with the remaining oil and placing the wraps in the pan, with the seal facing downward. Cook the wraps until they are golden brown, and then flip them so the other side is golden brown as well. After they are fully cooked, the black bean crunch wraps are ready to be eaten!
Chicken caesar pitas
Chicken caesar salad is a common and delicious meal. However, it is more delicious in the form of a pita, if that is even possible.
The ingredients for chicken caesar pitas:
- Skinless chicken breast- one pound, boneless
- Garlic powder- one teaspoon
- Dried thyme- one teaspoon
- Dried rosemary- one teaspoon
- Bread slices- three (cut into one half inch cubes)
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- Garlic salt- one teaspoon
- Dried parsley- one teaspoon
- Bacon- one half of a pound
- Romaine lettuce- one head (torn into small pieces)
- Caesar salad dressing- one eight ounce bottle
- Parmesan cheese- enough to taste (grated)
- Salt- enough to taste
- Ground black pepper- enough to taste
- Halved pocket pita bread- one ten ounce package (six inch)
The steps for making chicken caesar pitas:
The first step for making chicken caesar pitas is preheating the oven to three hundred fifty degrees Fahrenheit. Next, place the chicken into a large saucepan with the garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary. Add enough water to the saucepan to cover all of the ingredients.
The second step is to bring the water to a boil over a high heat. Once the water is boiling, turn the heat to medium and cover the saucepan with a lid. Allow the chicken to simmer until it is fully cooked, which will take about fifteen minutes. Once it is fully cooked, take the chicken out of the pot, allowing it to cool, and cut it into strips.
The third step to make these pitas is placing the bread cubes onto a baking sheet. Spray these bread cubes with the butter flavored cooking spray, and add half of the garlic salt and half of the parsley.
The fourth step is placing the bread cubes into the oven for five minutes. After the five minutes, spray the cubes again and add the remaining garlic salt and parsley. Bake the bread cubes for another five minutes, or until they are crunchy.
The fifth step is placing the bacon into a skillet. Cook the bacon over a medium heat, until it is cooked to your liking. After the bacon is cooked, remove it from the skillet. Place it onto paper towels to allow it to drain, and then crumble the bacon.
The sixth step to make the chicken caesar pitas is combining the chicken, bacon, lettuce, and bread cubes into a bowl. Toss these ingredients with the caesar salad dressing, parmesan cheese, salt, and ground black pepper. Place this mixture into the pita bread, and it is ready to be served!
Chickpea salad sandwiches
Chickpea salad sandwiches are easy and simple to make. In addition, they will be a refreshing dish for your picnic.
The ingredients for chickpea salad sandwiches:
- Chickpeas- fifteen ounce can
- Rib celery- one
- Green onions- three
- Mayonnaise- one or two tablespoons
- Lemon juice- one tablespoon
- Celery seed- one teaspoon
- Salt- one half of a teaspoon
- Ground black pepper- enough to taste
- Bread- four slices
- Lettuce- enough to taste
The steps for making chickpea salad sandwiches:
The first step for making chickpea salad sandwiches is slicing the celery into thin slices. Next, slice the green onion into thin slices as well.
The second step is draining and rinsing the canned chickpeas. In a bowl, smash the chickpeas.
The third step is combining the chickpeas, celery, green onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and celery seed. Next, add the salt and pepper.
The fourth step to make the sandwich is placing the chickpea mixture onto the bread. Add the lettuce and then your chickpea salad sandwich is ready!
Fruit salad is a must have for your picnic. Without it, your picnic cannot be complete. Your guests are sure to love this unique fruit salad.
The ingredients for the fruit salad:
- Orange juice- two thirds of a cup
- Fresh lemon juice- one third of a cup
- Brown sugar- one third of a cup (packed)
- Orange zest- one half of a teaspoon (grated)
- Lemon zest- one half of a teaspoon (grated)
- Vanilla extract- one teaspoon
- Pineapple- two cups- cubed
- Strawberries- two cups (sliced)
- Kiwi- three (sliced)
- Bananas- three (sliced)
- Oranges- two (peeled)
- Seedless grapes- one cup
- Blueberries- two cups
The steps for making the fruit salad:
The first step for making the fruit salad is boiling the orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, orange zest, and lemon zest over a high heat. Once the mixture is boiling, turn the heat down to medium and let it simmer for five minutes. Turn off the heat, add the vanilla extract, and allow the mixture to cool.
The second step is placing all of the fruit into a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the fruit and allow it to refrigerate for four hours. After this, the fruit salad is ready for your picnic.
Ham and cheddar muffins
Ham and cheddar muffins are great crowd pleasers. Everyone at your picnic is going to enjoy these muffins.
The ingredients for ham and cheddar muffins:
- All purpose flour- one and a half cups
- Cornmeal- one half of a cup
- Baking powder- two teaspoons
- Garlic powder- one teaspoon
- Baking soda- one half of a teaspoon
- Salt- one half of a teaspoon
- Buttermilk- one and one fourths of a cup
- Eggs- two (large)
- Unsalted butter- seven tablespoons (melted)
- Sharp cheddar cheese- one cup (shredded)
- Deli ham- eight ounces (diced)
- Chives- three tablespoons (chopped)
- Ground black pepper- enough to taste
The steps for making ham and cheddar muffins:
The first step for making ham and cheddar muffins is heating the oven to three hundred seventy five degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with liners or use cooking spray.
The second step is combining the all purpose flour, cornmeal, baking powder, garlic powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk these ingredients together in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, and five tablespoons of the butter. Whisk these ingredients together. Combined the ingredients within the two boils and mix together until it is fully combined. Fold in the cheese, ham (leaving half of a cup), and two tablespoons of the chives.
The third step to make these muffins is placing the batter into the muffin tin. Place the remaining ham and chives onto the muffins and sprinkle with ground black pepper. Place half a teaspoon of butter onto each muffin as well.
The fourth step is cooking the ham and cheddar muffins until they are fully cooked, which will take about twenty minutes. Allow them to cool, and then they are ready to be eaten.
Pasta salad is a great dish to have at your next picnic. It is quick, easy, and delicious.
The ingredients for pasta salad:
- Spiral pasta- one pound
- Salad seasoning mix- six tablespoons
- Italian salad dressing- sixteen ounces
- Cherry tomatoes- two cups (diced)
- Green bell pepper- one (chopped)
- Red bell pepper- one (diced)
- Yellow bell pepper- one half (chopped)
- Black olives- two and a quarter ounces (chopped)
The steps for making pasta salad:
The first step for making pasta salad is boiling the spiral pasta in salted water. Allow the pasta to boil until it is fully cooked, and then drain it.
The second step is combining the salad spice mix and Italian salad dressing. Whisk this together until it is fully mixed.
The third step is combining the pasta, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, and dressing. Toss the salad until all of the ingredients until they are fully mixed. Refrigerate the pasta salad overnight or until the time of your picnic.
Peanut noodles are sure to please! They are not as common amongst picnics so your guests are sure to appreciate them.
The ingredients for peanut noodles:
- Spaghetti noodles- eight ounces
- Toasted sesame oil- two tablespoons
- Green onions- one bunch
- Fresh ginger- one teaspoon (minced)
- Creamy peanut butter- one third of a cup
- Low sodium soy sauce- one fourth of a cup
- Hot water- one fourth of a cup
- Cider vinegar- one tablespoon
- Sugar- one teaspoon
- Red pepper flakes- one fourth of a teaspoon (crushed)
The steps for making peanut noodles:
The first step for making peanut noodles is boiling the spaghetti noodles in salted water until they are fully cooked.
The second step is heating the sesame oil over low heat and adding the white parts of the onion. Cook these together until they are tender. Add the ginger and cook for one minute.
The third step is turning the eat to medium and stirring in the creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, and pepper. Stir these ingredients together and then remove from the heat.
The fourth step is tossing together the noodles and the sauce. After this, the peanut noodles are ready to be served!
Salmon sushi sandwiches
Salmon sushi sandwiches will be perfect for your picnic, and will be especially refreshing on a hot, summer day.
The ingredients for salmon sushi sandwiches:
- Sugar- one fourth of a cup
- Salt- one tablespoon
- Rice vinegar- one cup
- Short grain rice- four cups (cooked)
- Nori- eight sheets (divided)
- Shrimp- one half of a pound (peeled and deveined)
- All purpose flour- three fourths of a cup
- Cornstarch- one fourth of a cup
- Baking powder- one teaspoon
- Salt- one teaspoon
- Egg- one
- Ice water- three fourths of a cup
- Avocado- one (sliced, divided)
- Imitation crab- six ounces
- English cucumber- one (thinly sliced, divided)
- Whipped cream cheese- one half of a cup
- Smoked salmon- four ounces
The steps for making salmon sushi sandwiches:
The first step for making salmon sushi sandwiches is adding the sugar, salt, and vinegar in a bowl. Stir these ingredients together and microwave for two minutes.
The second step is placing the rice in a bowl and pouring the previous mixture over he rice. Next, fold the mixture into the rice until it is fully combined.
The third step is laying four sheets of nori onto two sheet pans. Spread half of the rice onto the nori on one sheet and the other half on the other sheet. Refrigerate the nori and rice for forty five minutes.
The fourth step is combining the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and egg. Whisk together until the ingredients are smooth. Next, slowly add the ice water.
the fifth step is dipping the shrimp into the previous batter. Heat a pot of oil to three hundred fifty degrees Fahrenheit. Dip each shrimp into the oil for about two minutes. Once the shrimp has cooled, season it with salt.
The sixth step is taking the nori and rice out of the refrigerator, placing it on a cutting board. One one fourth, place a layer of cucumber and avocado, and top with crab. On another fourth, place the sliced avocado and top with shrimp tempura. On another fourth spread a layer of cream cheese, then top with smoked salmon and avocado. On another fourth, add cucumber and avocado.
The seventh step is inverting the other tray onto the tray with toppings. Cut the sushi into sixteen pieces. After this, the salmon sushi sandwiches are ready to be served!